The future Mommy and Daddy

All the presents from our guests for Baby Girl Simek

The "kids" supporting the Brew Crew. Chuckles was very excited to be at the party!

Starting to open our gifts.

Our good friend Melissa Schuett knitted us this adorable hat.

Dan likes fuzzy presents.

A beautiful counted cross stitch that our friend Melissa Reske made for the baby's room.

This was our favorite surprise of the day. My former roommate from college, Jennie, had remembered how much a stuffed animal named Drooper had meant to me. Drooper had been given to me when I was born and had followed me everywhere I went throughout childhood, college and even adulthood. She searched for a Drooper look alike for our little girl to have and found almost an exact replica! This is my reaction to a truly thoughtful and amazing gift from a true friend.

Ultimately, after the laughter there was crying. All those pregnancy hormones really did me in. (They are not in the pictures, but my mom and sister were crying too.)

This is the little guy who caused so much excitement.

Some of our favorite gifts were preparing the baby to support our favorite teams. Go Big Red!

Another of our favorite "Bucky" gifts. These were Game Day Overalls from my sister... she's going to be the baby's godmother!

The Simek side of the family

The Shemanske side of the family
Cupcakes that the new Grandpa Shemanske frosted in honor of his granddaughter... yum!
Thanks everyone for making it such a special day. If you did not get your photo fix, you may go to http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=ziijsey.3k3dzj7q&x=0&y=-7eula0&localeid=en_US and see all of the pictures that Sarah Heideman took for us.

Thanks, Sare!
1 comment:
Shemanske, your hair is beautiful. you definitely can pull it off. My last exam is December 12. So I plan on visiting sometime in late December. I'm so excited for you and Dan! (I better be your #1 babysitter
Post a Comment