Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Independence Day Parade

Casey here. Per tradition (or so they tell me) we went to the Brookfield parade in the morning on the 4th.

We brought the Golembiewski girls and their parents.  [L:  Gabriella (3), R: Addie Mae (17 months)]

Reece (4) came too!
We enjoyed some yummy doughnuts.

What? I'm saving that frosting for later.

Chloe had her earmuffs on again.

And her candy bucket ready for the parade.

She added the shades as it got sunnier and hotter.

Gabriella was ready for it to begin!

Hey Chloe, can you see it yet?

I saw it first and started waving at the people.

Then Chloe saw it too!  {Just look at this one for awhile.  Take it all in.  Her earmuffs.  Her sunglasses.  Her CHEEKS.}

Here we go!

One of the first groups threw popsicles to the kids.

Not sure what kind of candy I was eating here.

But my bucket continuously stayed empty. Not because I didn't get any candy, but because I ate it as soon as I got it!

Very serious about her parades, she is.

After the parade, Reece and I waiting patiently on the curb.  Can you tell what I'm doing?

Yup, eating more candy.

1 comment:

grammie jo said...

what a great blog..totally felt like we were there -- thanks for sharing. love u all xoxo