Saturday, September 11, 2010

Lucy's Party

Chloe here. Last weekend we hosted Lucy Heideman's 5th birthday party. The theme was "Campout," so we let her use our backyard, which is kind of like a park.


I got up nice and early to help Daddy wipe off chairs. See how I'm still in my jammies?


He said I was a BIG help. (He may have just been humoring me.)


We greeted Lucy's guests. Here's Nola Quinn - 3 months. She's a cutie, hey?


I did some swinging, while we waited for everyone else to come.


When all of the kids got there, Sarah had a scavenger hunt for us. We each got a clipboard with a pencil attached. Way cool.


The directions said that the first task was to climb on the platform and sing Happy Birthday to Lucy. All the big kids (that could actually read) got up there first.


But I worked on it too.


And eventually made it. Ella and I sang to Lucy together.


There was stuff hidden ALL over our yard. Sometimes I forget how big it is!


I was happy to sit on the slide for awhile and just write on my clipboard.


Then Mommy (with camera) and Daddy took me around to find my favors. Each kid's stuff was wrapped in a different color tissue paper. So cool!


As we were searching, the rain came in. None of us were expecting it.


So here am I with a warmer outfit, eating my Build-Your-Own-Trail mix. I was still happy.


Daddy and Kyle braved the weather and roasted marshmallows for EVERYONE!


I donned the raincoat and watched.


Here's the birthday girl with her birthday s'more.


Messy and delicious!


I got one too. Yummy!


Eventually we kind of said "who cares" about the rain and the kids played outside anyway. Think I'm a future Heisman trophy winner?


Oops - slipped and got my pants wet.




Here's the "kid picture."


Where did everyone go?

Happy 5th Birthday, Lucy! Hope you had a fun and memorable night. We love you!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

super cute! thanks again for everything! xo